By Kyle Clark, Senior Skills Transformation Consultant
Coursera released 44 courses on our platform in August. We are particularly excited to announce a range of new courses from the manufacturing, architecture, and engineering design software industry leader, Autodesk, on Generative Design and CAD/CAM for manufacturing.
Here are our top picks for enterprise for this past month:
August 2019’s Key Launches:
- Autodesk Generative Design for Manufacturing Specialization, by Autodesk – Quickly generate high-performing design alternatives—many that you’d never think of on your own—from a single idea. Through this specialization, you’ll learn the foundations of product innovation and generative design while developing your skills in Autodesk® Fusion 360™.
- Leading transformations: Manage change, by Macquarie University – We live in a globalised world of continuous change. Your ability to successfully manage change will allow you to have a positive impact on your work and your life. Via structured learning activities (video lectures, quizzes, discussion prompts and written assessment) this course will teach you how to effectively influence change by developing a ‘change mindset’, creating a productive change cycle, and leading yourself and others on the change journey.
- Introduction to Applied Machine Learning, by Alberta Machine Intelligence Institute – This course is for professionals who have heard the buzz around machine learning and want to apply machine learning to data analysis and automation. Whether finance, medicine, engineering, business or other domains, this course will introduce you to problem definition and data preparation in a machine learning project.
- Applying Data Analytics in Finance, by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign – This course introduces an overview of financial analytics. You will learn why, when, and how to apply financial analytics in real-world situations. After completing this course, you should be able to understand time series data, create forecasts, and determine the efficacy of the estimates.
- Apache Spark for Scalable Machine Learning on BigData, by IBM – After completing this course, you will be able to solve any data engineering and data science problem using Apache Spark. With 30.000+ commits, 1000+ contributors, nearly 1.000.000 lines of code and 200+ man years of effort, Apache Spark is the most active Apache Software Foundation project and one of the largest open source projects ever. You’ll master Apache Spark, for BigData but also for SmallData problems.