By Kyle Clark, Senior Skills Transformation Consultant
Coursera released 60+ courses on our platform in September. Our industry partners IBM and Amazon Web Services continue to release cutting edge content, while university partners like Imperial College London, EDHEC Business School, and the University of Illinois push the boundaries in skills ranging from app development to machine learning in finance.
Here are our top picks for enterprise for this past month:
September 2019’s Key Launches:
- Getting Started with AWS Machine Learning, Amazon Web Services – Machine learning (ML) is one of the fastest growing areas in technology and a highly sought after skillset in today’s job market. This course will teach you how to get started with AWS Machine Learning. Key topics include: Machine Learning on AWS, Computer Vision on AWS, and Natural Language Processing (NLP) on AWS. Each topic consists of several modules deep-diving into variety of ML concepts, AWS services as well as insights from experts to put the concepts into practice.
- Advanced App Development in Android specialization, Imperial College London – This Specialization is intended for learners with basic knowledge in Android app development seeking to develop knowledge in computer graphics and virtual reality in Android. Through the 4 courses, you will learn basic computer graphics theories and practical implementations of 3D graphics, OpenGL ES, and Virtual Reality on Android which will prepare you to design and develop immersive 3D and virtual reality Android app.
- Introduction to Deep Learning & Neural Networks with Keras, IBM – Looking to start a career in Deep Learning? Look no further. This course will introduce you to the field of deep learning and help you answer many questions that people are asking nowadays, like what is deep learning, and how do deep learning models compare to artificial neural networks?
- Investment Management with Python and Machine Learning specialization, EDHEC Business School – This specialization has been designed to deliver a broad and comprehensive introduction to modern methods in Investment Management, with a particular emphasis on the use of data science and machine learning techniques to improve investment decisions. By the end of this specialization, you will have acquired the tools required for making sound investment decisions, with an emphasis not only on the foundational theory and underlying concepts, but also on practical applications and implementation.
- IBM z/OS Mainframe Practitioner Professional Certificate, IBM – This Professional Certificate is intended to provide the foundational skills required to launch a career in the enterprise platform that powers over 68% of worldwide transactions. Companies around the world are searching for these skills to run their critical system workloads. In this series of courses, the learner will be introduced to various operating systems, mainframe applications, and get real-time hands-on experience on an IBM Z server. The skills acquired on completion of this Professional Certificate allows the learner to pursue a career as a mainframe application developer, system programmer, system administrator, or a DBA Practitioner.