By Trena Minudri, Chief Learning Officer at Coursera
The rapid adoption of Generative AI creates an urgent and intense need for organizational agility, with companies using it to retool systems and processes to improve their customer offerings and increase productivity in order to stay competitive. L&D and HR leaders will play a crucial role in building organizational agility and implementing programs to support change and take advantage of growth opportunities created by disruptive forces. This entails swiftly deploying new technologies, adapting to change, and unlocking new talent and skills.
We’re excited to introduce several new content offerings and AI-powered platform innovations to help learning and people leaders develop an agile workforce.
New cutting-edge content and credentials from trusted industry and university leaders
In a world where machines are increasingly capable of producing content at scale without guardrails for quality and accuracy, trusted institutions will play an even more critical role in education and skills development.
We have launched several new short-form content, courses, and credentials from top industry brands, covering a range of in-demand areas, from generative AI, deep learning, augmented and virtual reality, and 5G to cybersecurity, software, and cloud. Selection includes:
We have also launched content in high-demand business topics such as DEI strategy, compliance and safety, Power BI, and Project Management. In addition, our Leadership Academy includes content from over half (11) of the world’s top 20 business schools globally, at a fraction of the cost of MBA or executive leadership programs. Leadership skills such as management, communication, and agility are critical to engage, navigate, and motivate employees amid rapid change. Selection includes:
Introduction to Public Speaking: Learners can hone their skills in realistic environments with Virtual Reality, beginning backstage with speech practice and preparation techniques before delivering their final speech in front of an audience.
New AI-powered innovations for a more personalized and interactive learning and scalable authoring experience
Even though AI has created an increased demand for reskilling, it will be a central part of the solution. AI enables the ability to develop training content at higher quality and lower cost, reduce language barriers using machine translation, and enhance the learning experience by making it more personalized and interactive. We’re thrilled to share new AI-powered tools and features that are currently in development and targeted to launch later this year:
- PERSONALIZED JOB-ALIGNED LEARNING – Roll out targeted learning at scale powered by an onboarding flow that captures learner goals to inform the recommendation engine, simplifies role and skill-based discovery to better guide learners, and reduces the burden on the learner to find the right content when they are first getting started.
- COURSERA COACH POWERED BY GENERATIVE AI – Learners will have access to a virtual coach that can answer questions and share personalized feedback in real-time. The coach can provide quick video lecture summaries and resources, such as a recommended Clip, to help learners better understand a specific concept. It can also communicate in different languages and for any education level, creating a more inclusive and engaging experience for globally diverse learners. Coursera Coach is powered by generative AI and grounded in our expert content—optimizing learning with trust and confidence.
- EXPANDED LANGUAGE ACCESS WITH ML-POWERED TRANSLATIONS – To make the platform more accessible, we are deploying machine learning at scale so learners can take coursework in their own language. By the end of the year, course readings, lecture video subtitles, quizzes, assessments, peer review instructions, and discussion prompts across 2,000+ courses will be translated from English into Spanish, Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, French, German, Indonesian, and Thai by the end of the year.
- AI-ASSISTED COURSE BUILDING POWERED BY GENERATIVE AI – Based on a few simple inputs from a human author, a new set of AI-powered features can auto-generate course content — such as overall course structure, readings, assignments, and glossaries — to help authors dramatically reduce the time and cost of producing high-quality content. Organizations can seamlessly integrate their privately-authored content alongside expert instructors, to create custom credentials faster and at scale.
“In today’s rapidly changing landscape and evolving job market, organizational agility and resilience rely on a strong reskilling and upskilling initiative. The Coursera platform offers personalized, hands-on, and adaptive learning content, empowering employees to practice and master new skills in generative AI, cybersecurity, and other emerging fields. This equips them not only for their current roles but also for future opportunities.”
–Gina Smith, PhD, IDC Research Director, IT Skills for Digital Business Practice
Additional product innovations to benchmark employee engagement:
- Learning Hours Dashboard – Measure engagement as a leading indicator of skill development.
- Filtering on Organizational Data – Uncover learning trends and gaps within your organization with the ability to filter insights by business unit, geography, or role.
- Downloadable Clips Reports – Get granular insights into learning activities for short-form content, including which Clips are most popular and how learners progress from bite-sized content into courses providing deeper skilling.
In today’s dynamic business landscape, leaders are under increasing pressure to navigate fast-changing market forces and achieve more with limited resources. Building an agile and productive workforce is vital to driving business outcomes. We’re looking forward to supporting learning and people leaders across industries with content and innovations that will enable them to play an even more critical role in building talent agility and giving their technology and business counterparts the foundation to achieve new growth and innovation imperatives.
To learn more about Coursera for Business, visit coursera.org/business.